Saturday, April 30, 2011

Love Your Enemies

And whosover shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn thou not away.
And behold it is written also, that thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy;
But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you.
3 Nephi 12:41-44


I just realized the other day how blessed I am in that I really have not ever had enemies  . . . at least not that I'm aware of.  I do know that at times I may have offended people, and I have had others tease or taunt me at times, but no one has ever done or said anything that would make me feel that they were an enemy. Hopefully this will always be the case as I am not exactly sure how well I would handle having an enemy.  Hopefully I am able to give to those who ask, and am willing to walk a mile or two with anyone who has the need.  And If I have every hurt or offended you, I am truly sorry, and I hope that you will forgive me, or at least talk to me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment