Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MOM'S TAXI

Last week my car was in the shop for its annual checkup.  I have the tendency to wait until the very last minute to take it in to be inspected each year, mainly because I know it will take some time and $$$ every year to get it road worthy once again.  This time it needed a new engine mount, and a power steering fluid leak needed to be fixed.  I'm very grateful that my DH had just been paid for a job and was able to cover the inspection and the repairs for me.  Thank you DH!!♥♥

Yes, I am very glad to have my car back.  I'm also grateful that DH has a reliable car that I was able to commandeer last week to keep Mom's Taxi Service up and running.  Of course that meant that I had to add an extra passenger to my normal daily clientele, since DH had to get to work and back each day too.  One day (was it Wednesday or was it Thursday?  Right now it's all one big blur. .) I figure that I spent between five and six hours in the car, in addition to my five or six hours at work, plus the daily dinner and laundry etc.  Yes, it made for a long day, and a long week.   I do like and appreciate my car.  It has its own idiosyncrasies, but it fits me.  The seat is comfortable, and adjusted to my legs, and the mirrors to where I like and need them.  It no longer moans and groans (thanks to sufficient power steering fluid), is now legal and registered, and gets me where I need to go.  I may complain a bit about all the running around I end up doing, but I must let you in on a little secret:  As long as it isn't raining or snowing and the traffic isn't horrendous, I actually quite enjoy the job!  Hooray!  Mom's Taxi is now back in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment